Saturday, August 05, 2006

It's The Small Victories...!

Howdy all!

It has been brought to my attention that I/we have yet to post since I sent the link to everyone... keep in mind, I knew I wouldn't be THAT good at posting on a regular basis, but I will do so now and try to do better in the future as well! :-)

Small, but exciting victories since we have moved to Virginia:
To start, moving here was a victory in itself! Yay for Nolan sticking with the U-Haul and car trailer behind it with the "tail wagging the dog" going on for quite some time! By the time we made it across the country he definitely had the hang of it! WHOOP! Depending on where we move in January, we may play that game again. We will have to see if the so called financial gains are what they were presented to be! :-)

Nolan passed the swim qualifications! WHOOP! To be a pilot, there is another one he will pass, so we'll have to keep you posted about that one... Right now they are out at the rifle range, well this week they will finish up out there for now. "Every Marine a Riflemen"

We got ID's! WHOOP! What an accomplishment! The VERY short story is that we went to an ARMY (HOOAH) base north of us and God was on our side for sure, because we got out of there with ID's! YAY! I can now get on base with ease, shop by myself, go to the free gym, etc. It's great! :-)

I have signed up with Stafford County to be a substitute, after turning down 4 full time teaching positions; I couldn't decide whether to teach full time or sub, which would make my schedule more flexible... I finally decided and am happy with the decision; this way I can easily go back to Texas for Stephanie and Justin's wedding and such, participate in Warrior Day here in January, be off when Nolan is, attend his TBS graduation, etc

We have found a church that we really like... we visited the Presbyterian and Lutheran when we first got here and for about a month now we have been going to St. Peter's Lutheran Church! :-) This week I will be teaching 3 yr olds there for VBS... that should be a learning experience, more for me than them!! haha

I have met a few other wives, one that I seem to have a lot in common with, so that's very nice! Nicole and I are planning to volunteer at PetsMart this coming week and other places, as well in the future.

Okay I think that is most of the big stuff that I can think of for now... I will try to post again soon! :-)

Have a great week!

No comments: