Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our bed came VERY early! We actually got it a week ago today!
It is AMAZING, and worth every penny!

ANY time I have laid down (I took a few naps last weekend..) I DREAM! and dreams that I obviously remember! So, I think I am getting REM sleep EVERY NIGHT! I should be feeling much more rested once I am all caught up! :-) Very exciting.
I put this picture below to point out how much HIGHER the mattress sits than a normal mattress... from where the wood starts to the top of the mattress is the entire mattress - the box spring sits down in the wood siding... so it is quite a ways off the ground!

Nolan has a new gadget - Sam sung I-760


Here's a close up!





Internet access was the biggest feature he was wanting, since the computers on base have so many sites restricted, including of course.. gmail.
And because we can access the internet, we can get directions to places while on the road, Nolan can check the flight schedules from anywhere, the list goes on!
We are looking forward to using it when we go to CT for Josh and Jill's wedding in February, to find places to eat, directions, etc.

Can't have a post without a picture (or three) of Sandi...


It has rained quite a bit over the past 3 or so days and the HUGE hole that she dug turned to mud...

She got a bath soon after this picture was taken! :-)

Nolan should solo this week, in the T-34, which he has been flying since November! :-)
I had another quite good week at work, praying for another manageable 4 day week this coming week... yay for MLK holiday!


Oh and I'll leave you with the mishap of the week...
I have been driving Nolan's car, since I commute quite a bit further and driving the truck to work each day costs about $60/wk, yet driving the Neon costs HALF! So, the maintenance guy came to fix the leaking faucet (which has leaked since Nov) and while he was still at the house, Nolan left for a flight... he didn't see the guy's truck when backing out, so the fender got a little beat up...

Oh well, my truck is 10 years old this November, so overall, it's not doing too bad!


LEFT - The not dented side... although can you see scrapes? that was from a 2 by 4 piece of wood that was used to get my truck unstuck... back in college

RIGHT - results of mishap

No comments: