Monday, March 24, 2008

Relay For Life!






Update -
Sunday 9:30pm

For whatever reason(s) this lady who always wins has extended the Penny War until the Wednesday after our Spring Break, which will be April 9th, so I am going to continue to try to raise money over the break, but our current total is close to $900!!! Can you say WOW?! So exciting! My mother-in-law donated $200 and her sister-in-law donated $100!! :)

Thank you to everyone - we are SURE to win!! WHOOP! :-)
I'll keep you posted!


Wednesday 9:30pm
Our grand total today is $527! so we are VERY close to our goal of $600! I am still in amazement of the generosity of everyone! Thank you! :-)

And believe it or not, since not many are participating (since they all expect this teacher to win - little do they know!) this teacher is going to ask the principal to EXTEND the War "a few days next week"?!?!?!?!
That's okay - I am positive with the amount of donations we have - we are still sure to win! Although, extending the war would run into Spring Break; maybe this woman hasn't realized that?

Wednesday 6:55am
I know my students are EXCITED about bringing more donations today, and so far today our total is now up to $425!!! New goal = $600! This way my class will TRIPLE the amount that has usually won the contest each year! What a great contest for such a great cause, as cancer will/has touched almost everyone's life in someway!

Check back tonight to see how much the kids brought today - I should add, that around 70% or my students are on free lunch, as their parents make about $600/month, yet they are so willing to give what they have! This is just an all around wonderful experience! :-) Thank you all! :-)

Tuesday
7:15pm
WHOOP!
$275 in donations and my students have donated a total of $55, for a current grand total of $330! (SO FAR!)
We are totally going to whip this woman at her own game while raising a ton of money for a GREAT cause! I haven't been this excited about being a teacher at Bellview Middle since week one! What a GREAT way to finish up such a hard school year for me.... I am just beside myself at the generousity that complete strangers have shown! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Keep checking back to see how much more is raised!

6:30am

$125 in donations.... we are so going to win! :-) I just know it!
Thank you to everyone!

Monday
10:30pm

Oh My Gosh!

I have been SO very blessed by the 3 donations my class has received, totaling $65! PayPal takes a portion of each donation, but I am going to make sure that my students get every penny that you have/will donate! :-) I can't WAIT to tell my students in the morning! Thank you! Thank you!
My mom's mom, my Nana, fought a good fight against Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/non-hodgkin, but she has sinced passed away.
I am so excited to raise money for such a great cause! Thanks again for your support!

Howdy All!


At my school, we are having a Penny (and dollar) War to raise money for Relay For Life - The American Cancer Society! I am blogging to ask for ANY financial help! :-)

Here is why I desperately need your help!!! My students have raised $25 in the first two days, but the teacher that ALWAYS wins the Penny War (interestingly enough she always writes the "rules" to this war too:-( ) usually raises close to $200 each year! We are (I am) determined to beat her, because my students should get the opportunity to feel what it is like to WIN too! :-) Sooooooo, we have until THIS Friday, March 28th... 100% of the money will go to the American Cancer Society! Check out their website! http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/

If you would like to help out by pledging to send a donation as little as $5 or as much as you can, I will take the money out of Nolan and I's account and just replace it when you send me your donation. Any amount would be GREATLY appreciated!

OR
Donate through PAYPAL! (above)


Thanks for your support!! :-)

No comments: