Monday, August 18, 2008

Dog Sitting Fun!

A friend of mine, Amy, who I met at a small bible study here in Corpus Christi that I attend on Monday mornings with a great group of (mostly Marine) military wives, was heading out of town for 10 days to meet with her husband (who has been in NC for C-130 training for a few months) to go house hunting out in California...

Knowing only that she had two dogs, who were likely not traveling with her and her son, Jackson, I offered to dog sit while she was gone....



After offering, to go from 1 dog to 3, I was a little nervous, but when I discovered that one was a Mastiff, to be quite honest, I became VERY unsure that I was going to be good at dog sitting such a large dog, along with 2 others!

Let me just say that this has been one of the best ideas I have had here lately! :-) They are staying here at our house with Sandi and things couldn't be better!

Chesty and Chopper (the mastiff) are simply awesome! I quickly fell in love with them after just a few days! I will definitely be sad to see them go back home on Sunday/Monday!

They are such good boys - they make Sandi seem as if we haven't trained her to do ANYTHING! She can be such a goofball, but I know she is enjoying every minute of her two new friend's company!

The first night was rather interesting, as Chesty, the smaller of the two, and I played a 3 hour game, between the hours of 2 and 5 am, of who can build the best barricade/who can get out of said barricade in the shortest amount of time... Let's just say Chesty is the smarter of the two of us! haha The second night I created a better barricade AND all of the dogs got a nice run/play out in the field by our house - yay for tired puppies! ;-)






P.S.


Nolan should start flying the C-12 this week (if the weather holds up!) YAY! He has been working diligently in the cockpit trainers, as well as studying nightly!





I have a job - yay!
I am working as a tutor for Sylvan Learning Center here in Corpus Christi AND this is a job I will hopefully be able to take back to Milton (they have a center there) and be able to pick up where I leave off here! ;-) Today was my first evening and overall I think it went well and look forward to working there... One of the directors of the center is an Aggie (she did the hiring) and so far, I know that 2 of my co-workers are also Aggies! WHOOP!
I am also in the substitute system for Flour Bluff ISD (I have an ID badge and parking pass! ;-) )and am working myself into the Corpus Christi ISD sub system; so hopefully these will provide job opportunities as well!

No comments: