Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Newest Adventure!

Baby Dean!

ETA: December 26, 2010

however if he or she came early that would be cool too! ;-)

This is what Sandi greeted Nolan in on April 15th...
He didn't quite understand at first....

Since our old neighbor is a big sister, and her mom had given me a bag of her (the mom's) old clothes, Nolan simply thought I had been going through the clothes and decided to put a "Big Sister" shirt on Sandi...
Since he wasn't "getting it" I said, "No... I made it!"
THEN he got it!!! ;-)

Although no worries Nolan, neither of my parents got the picture either! haha



YAY! We are going to be parents!
Out to eat at Apple Bee's to celebrate!


4 - 5 weeks pregnant
a "before" if you will



Its first photo...
7 weeks and 4 days,
which changed my original due date from December 18th to December 26th!


a close up since it was so tiny!
heart rate = 167

12 weeks
(not really seeing a difference yet - "thickening" around the waist as one book put it.. ha!)
My stomach muscles have been getting a workout trying to stretch... laying on my stomach or stretching my arms up was rather painful from week 7 - 10...

I have been super nauseated from the beginning... I would be fine in the morning, but by the time my lunch settled I was feeling sick until bedtime! Blah! Working the first three months has turned out to be a blessing, because I was always so busy, there wasn't time to feel sorry for myself for how sick I was feeling!

On Tuesday, June 15th, I had my second appointment in the morning, then went to work and resigned that afternoon! What a day....
At 12 weeks and 2 days, its heart rate was 150-ish according to the midwife I saw, who used my watch to time it... :-)
I was hoping for another ultrasound/picture to take home at that appointment however, I learned since all seems well, we will get to see Baby Dean again at 20 weeks and hear its heartbeat again at 18 weeks...

Since I have been a bit paranoid about miscarrying, we didn't start telling people until the 15th/16th of June... and since then word has been slowly spreading through friends and family...

The 20 week appointment will be a gender scan... roughly the week of August 8th... yay for an early 28th birthday gift for me! ;-)

5 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

First, HOW EXCITING! So happy for your growing family! And I have to tell you, the last time you updated, I knew you were pregnant. Well, I can't say I KNEW 100% of course, but for some reason I was just sure you were going to say, "I'm pregnant!" in that post, and was surprised you didn't! So, I was SUPER excited to see it this time! And what great timing! The best Christmas gift ever!

Erin Holliday said...

Congratulations! So super excited and by now I hope you're over the worst of the morning sickness. Pregnancy certainly is an adventure (I'm due in late August :)) So so happy for you and Nolan!

Amy said...

I thought the same things as Charla!!! When I saw that you updated I scanned quickly for news...So, I was also SO excited to see this post! Thanks for sharing your journey with us! Love to ALL of you!

Jessim said...

Congratulations!!

Moana Shake said...

Congrats! That is awesome news. You both will be remarkable parents. Let me know where you are registered. I would love to send along something for the baby Dean.

annan