Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quick Update

Nolan took some much needed leave the week before last.. He is pretty much working 6 days a week lately, so it was very nice to have some time at home! :-)

We did a bit of cleaning/rearranging in the house to empty the baby's room... we are getting there.. slowly but surely! We are down to an old tv, tv stand, lots of boxes (for our February move) and a treadmill....
We also visited Medieval Times down in Myrtle Beach... always a good time! We found a PF Chang's to eat lunch at as well... Jacksonville just doesn't have any good places to eat, so anytime we leave town we are looking for our favorite places! We were surprised by how quickly we were able to get down to South Carolina, so instead of staying the night we just drove home to sleep in our own bed. I was hoping to find some Blue Bell ice cream, but it seems we weren't far south enough for that... oh well. I am also really looking forward to visiting Texas to eat some good Texas BBQ! I have been craving that for a few months now....

As of Sunday, I will have made it to 18 weeks and I think between week 16 and 18, the baby has really started to pop out! Maybe it's the maternity shirt and pants that seem to help make it more obvious, but I definitely can't "suck in" anymore
! Nolan even mentioned last weekend that he could start to tell now ;-) YAY!! I will get Nolan to take a picture on Sunday to post, to see if anyone else can start to really tell....

This past week was VBS at the base Chapel, where we attend church services each week. I was the "going into Kindergarten" teacher and what a great experience that was! Monday was a bit rough, I have never "taught" that age group, but by the end of the week, I was sad to see my kids go! :-) I haven't taught or helped out with VBS since Virginia in 2006 and I am so glad I was able to do so this past week.

Nolan had to go into work today to do some simulators (all pilots in the squadron did) and there was extra SIM time in the afternoon, so Nolan took me! We flew around for a bit, but after about 30 minutes I was unfortunately nauseated... Boo Hiss!!! It made me really glad that around week 16 I was done with being sick... until today... Thankfully by the end of the day I was feeling better!

Oh and the countdown has begun....
15 days til we fingers crossed find out if we will be having a boy or girl! :) I sure hope he/she is willing to give us a good look!

Picture tomorrow!

No comments: