Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Shower with Friends

Although at times it may be a bummer to live so far away from both of our families, it is times like last Saturday mid-morning/afternoon that remind us that we are surrounded by a different kind of family that is incredibly amazing!

My two girl friends, Amy and Inga, whom we met while living in Corpus Christi (December '08 I believe) threw the most amazing baby shower for Baby Dean and me! :-) Inga was a Kindergarten teacher (so much more fun and creative than a middle school teacher like myself) in Illinois for 3 years and Amy is a practicing RN who loves to and is always such a generous host! What a great duo, right?!
Hosts Inga and Amy! :-)

I quickly discovered they were going above and beyond when this is the invite that we got in the mail....

As Dr. Seuss was the theme, Amy handmade each of these Cat in the Hat hats and she and her husband, Kevin, made the green PVC/very Dr. Seuss-ish tree to hang them on!

The "brunch" spread of food - YUM!

Dessert
Homemade creme filled cupcakes made by Inga


Meagan, Jen, and Angela
All are VMM-263 wives, but Nolan and I have known most throughout flight school...


Current neighbor, Hilary (L), Old neighbor, Shana, (back), Sherri (front right)
Sherri is a fellow Texan and also a 263 spouse

Marley, 263 C.O.'s wife, and Carol, a friend from the base chapel that we attend on Sundays

A few Bible Study friends...
Ryanne, Erika, Sarah

A few more Bible Study ladies...
Laura (fellow Aggie, met in Corpus), Anna (fellow 263 spouse)

Gifts for Baby Dean!

Myself and Nolan as babies...

Opening gifts...

More gifts...

Nolan opens all the gifts that come to our house now, since I opened so many at my shower!


One of the many hand/home made gifts (my friends are super crafty!)
This one says Vote for Pedro (since Nolan looks like Napoleon Dynamite...)


Personalized Aggie jersey...

The sign Amy made... was EXACTLY at the same height as my Baby Dean belly! haha

One word:
Blessed! :-)
Our counter top full of gifts!

And gifts keep coming via mail!

What a wonderful day of celebrating the upcoming arrival of Baby Dean! :-) We look forward to meeting him and using all of said gifts - maybe in only 7 more weeks! Whoop!

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

That is such a cool shower idea! I love it!

Semper Wifey said...

Cute pictures! It was fun to see so many familiar faces! I've been following your blog and fb status updates. You, Nolan, and Baby have been in my prayers. I LOVE your positive attitude about all of this. Keep trusting in God's timing and plans for your family!