Sunday, November 14, 2010

USMC Birthday Ball!


November 13, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina

I am wearing the ball dress I wore last year... I think it worked quite well, although you can see my Baby Dean belly brought the slit up significantly, but I went with it! :-) (I should take a picture of my toes... I painted them myself - I feel so accomplished! ;-) )


And here is a flash back photo....

November 7, 2003
College Station, Texas

This photo is from our very first birthday ball together at Texas A&M; it was called the Sea Services Ball since both Navy and Marine contract cadets attended. We went as friends, to this our first, of many wonderful birthday balls to come... We look young!
This year makes our 7th birthday ball together; I didn't go to the one in 2007 since it was just a
happy hour (no dinner or ceremony) and I was working at crazy Bellview Middle School in Pensacola.

A few more pictures from this year's ball...


A real band for the ceremony - very cool!
It has always been a tape recording of the National Anthem and Marine Hymn...

Cake!


Thunder Chickens!

Baby Dean was using the side of my uterus to roll his feet or elbows or something across!
I just like to say he is doing back flips - haha!

Ladies and friends of mine at our table...
Anna, Erika, and Maghan

The Springs
We first met them in Quantico at TBS, but didn't really start to get to know them until Corpus Christi, Texas, when Chapman (and George) lived across the street from us in base housing.

Meagan and Nate Ross
A LOT of people in and outside of the squadron often confuse Nolan and Nate...
It has become quite humorous, but likely annoying for the guys... like asking Nolan "so you were able to get someone to watch your kids?" Nolan's response, "yea, Paige has got that covered for us..." or something to that affect....
I don't see the resemblance.


A few more friends!
Jen, Maghan, Erika, Me, and Emily


Most or all of the (junior) Captains in the squadron, ie - our friends/Nolan's peer group.
Not sure whose grand idea the leg over the banister was, but it doesn't look like too many of them enjoy it! ;-) ha
Pope, Spring, Withers, Dean, Beis, Ross, Zier, Cummings, and I think Hall

After the ball, which seemed to be done at 9:30pm (it went by really fast!), we all headed to a piano bar not too far from the hotel. I didn't have my ID to get in, so I opened my coat and explained that I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, 28 years old, obviously wouldn't be drinking and frankly I probably wouldn't be staying too long! LOL The ladies died laughing at my technique for getting in the door; it worked! ;-) It was quite loud, although not much more loud than at the ball (the music was way too loud, throughout dinner and during dancing), so we didn't stay more than a half hour or so... I had never been to one, so I thought it was pretty cool. :-)

1 comment:

Jessim said...

You look amazing Paige! And it sounds like it was a really fun evening.