Monday, September 18, 2006

I am SO EXCITED about visiting Texas in October!

This is the beautiful St. Helen's Catholic Church that Stephanie and Justin will be married in on October 7, 2006! I am so blessed to be able to travel to Texas to be with them on their big day! :) AND Nolan is able to go with me! WHOOP! We will be back during the Christmas holidays to see all of my family, so please don't be upset if we don't make it to you in October!



I am NOT so excited about Nolan being out in the field all week for FEX I!

I am excited for him though; he is the fire team leader and he's never been in the field this long, so it'll be a whole new experience! I can't wait to hear all about it! :-)

Here is him preparing on Sunday night, while watching all the great Sunday Night Fox TV Shows! The Simpsons, American Dad, The War at Home, and 'Til Death!
While he worked on this I cooked a hearty send off meal - chicken fried steak, augratin potatoes, and peas! All turned out GREAT!
His pack, without the kevlar vest, is roughly 85 pounds! Please keep him and his fellow Marines in your prayers! And that the weather is nice! Thanks! ;-)


But, I AM EXCITED about getting to meet with some fellow wives - Nicole, Shannon, and Stephanie - at Maggie Moo's this evening after work for ice cream! :) We are going to plan our outing for Wednesday night! (I've never been to a Maggie Moo's - so I'll let you know)


I am also EXCITED about our new sign for our front door!


Oddly enough, all the times I could have purchased this at an Aggie Mom's Boutique, I bought it on Ebay for $20! We should get it in a few days, and then we'll be able to share our Aggie pride with our fellow tenants...





speaking of which, here's what our complex looks like...


Our complex is only 2 stories though and we live on the bottom floor... our apartment is like the one on the left in this picture... the far left window is our bedroom, the middle window is the office/guest room, and the patio area next to the brick has a door from the living room to the outside....


(Blogger is being ugly right now and I can't upload pictures of the inside of our apartment.. I'll try again later)

WE are EXCITED about finally opening a Roth IRA for each of us! :-)
WE are EXCITED about getting a lab when we move in January! :-)
WE are EXCITED about and LOVE being married! :-)
Nolan LOVES
Five Guys Burgers and Fries - one is just down the road from our house!

We feel BLESSED that we were able to find a great church family here the first few weeks we lived here. This was where I did VBS for the 3 yr olds! They have a hymn sing/ice cream social this Thursday that I hope I can make it to!

I am inspired by this song by Natalie Grant
(so I thought I'd share)
up-beat song; especially since I started jogging again everyday... it helps keep me going!

Live For Today - Natalie Grant
Genre/Lang. : Christian
Sittin' in my room staring at the wall
Wonderin' about the meaning of it all
Why is it this thing called life
Has got me goin' crazy
So I open up your word and let it speak to me
The purpose and the plan that you've designed
Is clear to see, and I believe

(Chorus)
I'm gonna live for today
I'm gonna follow in your way
I'm gonna let my little light shine
Like there's no tomorrow
I won't worry about the past
I know my future is intact
So I'll choose to live my life one way
I'm gonna live it for today

You told me not to worry
About what lies ahead
So I am gonna focus on today instead
Making every moment count and counting Every single blessing
I'm gonna set my mind on the Here and the Now
This is what I want my life to be about And this is How...
(Repeat Chorus)

Until next time, God bless!

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I loved this post, Paige! I'm so glad marriage is going well for you! I too, LOVE being married and love to hear you are loving it as well! We will be in College Station the weekend of the 14th for the Missouri game. Any chance you will be that way? I didn't know how long you would be here, or when exactly. Anyway, good to catch up and hear about your life in Virginia! Keep the updates coming!

Amy said...

I LOVE being married!!! And I HATE it when Will is away. Oh, and I LOVE Maggie Moo's - especially the Maggie's Fudge and Coconut flavors!