Saturday, May 05, 2007

Blessed...


As it was my first year as a teacher, I will always hold a special place in my heart for my Jane Long family, but now, for the next two years,

I'm a....

Bellview Middle School
WARRIOR!


Today was the Escambia County School District's job fair and what a great Cinco de Mayo it was!

I was offered 2 math teaching positions...
One at Warrington MS and one at Bellview MS... I took the one at Bellview because the principal just gave me a good feeling! :-) She reminded me, in many ways, of Diana Werner, principal at Jane Long... a very warm, down to earth, and positive person!

I will be teaching either 6th or 7th grade math... my preference is, of course, 6th grade, but I am looking forward to either!

We feel so very blessed by how everything is falling into place for us here in Pensacola; just as we knew it would, all in God's perfect timing. It's so amazing to us to watch the great plans that God has for us just fall right into place...

- We got the base house that we so badly wanted, after 2 months of phone calls and such
- We have such wonderful neighbors (sadly 2 families moved out yesterday, but we hope to be getting more)
- I was accepted to the Master's program at FSU (my first two classes start this coming week)
- We found a full of life puppy that fit our need - financially and personality-wise (Sandi is a joy!)
- I have a teaching position lined up for the upcoming school year
- Nolan enjoys his mentoring "stash job" working with Enlisted Marines who are waiting to class up, as well as planning activities for them to participate in... dodge ball tournaments, 6 mile hikes, trips to the movies, etc. He will start flight training the first week of June.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our lives thus far; without your help we wouldn't be where we are today... We realize how each person and event in our lives has had a purpose and helped us in ways we never could have imagined...

We are looking forward to great things that are to come here... God has continued to bless us beyond measure, and for that we are forever grateful.

3 comments:

the spicer blog said...

Congraulations on everything! Blessed is right- sounds like everything is going so very well, and I can't think of a couple that deserves it more! Sandi is adorable, and I love the name. Sounds like you are going to be busy, but that is good! Take care!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

YAY! I'm so, so happy for you two that things are going so well in your life together! Isn't being married great? Hard, but oh so great!

Sandi is precious and I love her name! It reminds me of Grease! Sandi, whoa oh oh, Sandi...

I want to see more pics of the house since I'm sure you guys are working on it all the time!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I understand that Paige and Nolan have Sandi and Mike and Emily have Max and Roscoe - BUT THEY ARE NOT MY GRANDPUPPIES! Sorry, okay, yes they are adorable and Roscoe is not much older than Sandi and is also a golden, but they are not cousins. (Max is a black lab, born in Germany and is about 2) Please let me know if anyone has any questions:)!