Monday, May 14, 2007

When it Rains.... It Pours!

So for the most part our lives have been pretty much the same thing, different day... until recently...

Sandi has been a great addition, but we/I had no idea that at 6 - 8 weeks of age (she is now 8 weeks old) she would have to be taken outside to potty every 3 hours... this need has definitely cut into my (and Nolan's on the weekends) sleep! Anyone who knows me at all knows that I value my sleep and aren't a very happy camper with lack there of. None the less, we are grateful to say that she hasn't had an accident in her kennel in over a week now! Yay for success! She's learning that "outside" means head for the door and down the steps out into the yard and now she will even venture to find the yard ALONE! :-)

I also had no idea that working on a Master's would involve a WHOLE bunch of reading, just to be able to comment briefly on whatever it was that I was reading about! I am now on week 2 and am getting organized so that I don't feel like I am constantly reading to keep up with both classes! :-) I also think I'm suppose to learn how to be brief - example - I will have to critique a 100 page report in less than 600 words!?! Being that it's Master's level work, that seems a bit too short! Once again, maybe at a Master's level I'm suppose to know how to concisely and eloquently say what I need to say and move on... I will have to learn! :-)

Who knew that right when I started these completely ONLINE classes, that my desktop would go kaput on me! We first thought it was just the monitor, so we bought an old fashion ginormous (not to mention cheap) monitor at BestBuy only to discover, that wasn't the problem. A local computer geek (no offense to anyone - it takes all kinds to make this world run) is currently in the process of trying to save what files he can! We are now looking to replace just the tower, since the problem wasn't the flat screen monitor that we already have!

In the beginning of March, I rolled my ankle, took a break for a while, rolled it again at the beginning of April and finally went to the naval clinic last week to see why my ankle still is not right and why my toe is asleep 24/7!?! That visit didn't accomplish much, being that the doctor only gave me Naproxen (Aleve) which made me sick to my stomach! He also brought up that I have high blood pressure! Long story short, I'm good to go; we bought a blood pressure machine and my blood pressure is below 120/80 at home, every time... there just must be something about going to a naval medical office that gets my blood going! haha This week's doctor visit was better, although I found out I am working on a sinus infection! I've been to the doctor more this year than I have in the past 5 years! Soon I'm going to be normal again; I mean seriously, I can't be falling a part at the ripe old age of 24 can I?

Now for some good news!!!

While I was at the teacher job fair the weekend before last, Nolan had this grand idea that he would make up a menu of dinner items for us to each the next week (now two weeks ago)
All of the recipes that he found required LOTS of materials and lots of prep time! Most came out of various Presbyterian Women cookbooks, so I can only imagine that wonderful grandmother's had supplied the book with their recipes!

Our week's menu of dinners from scratch were AWESOME! :-)
Monday: Steak!

Tuesday: Chicken Kabobs (red, green and yellow peppers, pineapples)

Wednesday: Beef Fajitas

Thursday: Chicken Alfredo (homemade sauce made from various cheeses) with Bruchetta

Friday: Steak marinated for 24 hours in teriyaki sauce and bake potatoes with homemade Spinach and Artichoke Dip - YUM!

Yes, my husband never ceases to amaze me! I had no doubt the food would be good, I just had no idea how much of a chef he is! He really enjoyed all of the hard work he put into the meal and I really enjoyed all of the food!! YUM!

Oh and guess what is coming up?!?!
Our 1 year anniversary! Oh how time flies! :-)

No comments: