Friday, July 27, 2007

The Simpson's
You may or may not know, but Nolan absolutely LOVES the Simpson's!
Fox airs two episodes every week night and since we moved to Florida in March
we have had a DVR so we have all of those episodes recorded too! ;-)
Back to the movie... Of course we saw it on opening day! (yesterday) I personally think the Simpson's are just okay, but the movie really was funny! I would recommend it for sure!


All Dress Up... for
Spouses Night Out at The Melting Pot!
(I'm even wearing make-up! Can you believe it?)


This is my best girl friend here in Florida, Angela, who I met while we were in Virginia... She and her husband, Jason invited us to Thanksgiving dinner at their house last year! Crazy thing about it is, I was really nervous about going, since I really hadn't spent any time with her and looking back I am SO glad Nolan convinced me to go! I can't say enough great things about them... we love that we are able to spend lots of fun times with them! :-) They are both originally from California, so they hope to be stationed there again once they are done with flight school!
(Jason and Nolan carpooled together to the airport in Manassas while completing IFS...)

Back to The Melting Pot outing...
it was an interesting and fun (thankfully Angela was there with me!) experience, but it seems to be one of those things you do once and you're good. We did get a discounted rate of $32 since it was "Ladies Night," but WOW! the portions were tiny! We absolutely LOVED the chocolate fondue for dessert! Not worth even going back for just dessert, but worth putting Angela's fondue pot to use in the future! ;-)
Oh and the make-up I got when we were down in Orlando... Bare Minerals - LOVE IT! I got the recommendation from Amy and Charla and I don't think I will ever buy another brand of make-up -- EVER!


While I Was Gone...
Nolan captured what Sandi was up to...
"Who me?"

It's interesting that Sandi has pulled (literally) this blanket out of the laundry room to lay on it. When we first brought her home, this was her blanket, so I kinda wonder if she remembers that... or maybe I'm just crazy! haha She has almost outgrown her blue and yellow bed, so maybe this is its cheap replacement.

The Next Day... The short story:
Sandi didn't get let out (yes, out of her kennel, but not out of the house) one morning, so her morning potty was left by my desk in the office ( I guess she came looking for me?) for 3 hours until I found it... of course by that time it had really soaked in! :-( So off to The Home Depot I went to rent a carpet cleaner. It didn't work quite as well as I had hoped, but I did try cleaning the couch cushions since I had the machine for 24 hrs! Fun times!

"I'm Ready!"

Every so often, and sometimes a few times a day, Sandi will bring me her leash...
It's usually on top of her kennel, which as you can see in this picture is in the dining room/living room, so she has easy access to it! She's too cute and not to mention a lot of fun!:-)

No comments: