Sunday, December 09, 2007

Habitat for Humanity!

Okay so for all of the negative, I need to start focusing on the positive!

I am on the Service Learning Committee at my school and this is Ms. Ewing and I with our hands dirty from laying sod...
We were the two adults who supervised 28 of our middle schoolers, while we/they sodded a Habitat House yard Saturday morning, Dec 1st!

Below is "my" side of the house...
It took me and about 6 students (off and on... a variety of 6 students) about an hour...

The Crew

Everybody grab a piece of grass and get to work! :-)

What a wonderful experience!

It was so refreshing to see some of my students and other students from the school work together, for the good of someone else and not complain one bit. :-) I am looking forward to our next Habitat day in the Spring!

2 comments:

Amy said...

T-Shirts...in December? I miss the South.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

YOu know what's so funny, P? Those kids look straight out of Jane Long, baby! It's like you never left...only you did and that's a bummer! Good for you and sometimes when you see kids outside of school it gives you a different persepective on who they are and it is refreshing...most of the time.