Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hurricane Dolly!

We have survived our first hurricane - even if it was a very mild one! ;-)

The wind was constant, gusts up to 30 mph?, and the rain would come and go as the bands passed over us...

In the video you can hear the wind, and our neighbor (across the street) yelling out to me something about getting wet (yes I was soon drinched), as well as the fact that their tree fell over right before I started the camera!

Oh and the most annoying part about the past 3 days of Dolly was the exhaust fan vent door? on the roof, flapping in all of the wind, in our bathroom upstairs... Talk about a constant racket! Nolan got the idea to turn it on and that seemed to help! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh-I should have told you about that! I totally forgot, we kept the fan on in the bathroom for any storm and when it was windy. I think the screen on the window was loose too. I'm so glad it wasn't too scary! - Stephenie