Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to Work?

Maybe, we will have to see...

Although I had thought about/really wanted to be a cashier at the HEB Plus! outside the front gate, I have since changed my mind... although I could always change it back! haha

So, last Thursday (after being stuck inside b/c of Hurrican Dolly for DAYS!!!) I decided to take my application, resume and cover letter to the Flour Bluff School District office and apply to be a special education aide; as there are positions available, I am only 4 classes away from completing my Master's in Special Education! :-) AND I figured it might be more acceptable for an aide to leave halfway than for a full time teacher...

We live about 5 minutes from this office and before I could get in the door, they were calling me!
"My Aggie friend in the office" they told me said they should call... (The story behind that is the A&M purse that my friend, Angela, had made for me for my 25th birthday, caught the eye of a few of the ladies in the office - Way to go Angela!)
Anyway, they were calling because they were confused... Had I meant to fill out an application to be an aide?... being that I was completely certified to teach! It was at that point that I shared our short stint in Corpus and the woman seemed to understand and appreciate my honesty. (It is pretty much in stone - although life happens - that we will be heading back to Florida no later than the middle of January 2009) This employee then proceeded to tell me that the middle schools were still in need of teachers and that she was going to pass my resume on to the principals...

So, I am thinking in about 2 weeks, if they have not filled positions, they will give me a call; time will tell!

I put myself out there and am letting God tell me where I go from there! :-)



No comments: