Monday, June 15, 2009

3 month LASIK follow up

Today was my 3 month LASIK eye surgery follow up and I can't be more pleased with the results thus far. My doctor, Dr. Jennifer Murray at the Eye Institute in Pensacola, has been amazingly wonderful from day 1... and continues to be. (more on that in a second)

I am still seeing 20/20 in both eyes, just as I was at my 1 month follow up, but honestly I think I am actually more near seeing 20/15, but if you miss 1 letter you get bumped back to 20/20 - no complaints though! ;-)

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to have this surgery done. I have had glasses since the 3rd grade and it still boggles my mind to be able to get up in the middle of the night and not literally feel my way around/ close my eyes and 'see' in my head where it is that I am going! A huge thanks to my wonderful husband for continually encouraging me to 'spend the money'! ;-) For a while, I was going back and forth because it was quite a bit of money, but my job as a special education paraprofessional in Corpus Christi covered the tab nicely! ;-) Whoop for a great job and the financial aspect that has given me a daily gift of sight without contacts!

Aside from great results, Dr. Murray has continued to exceed my expectations. I had mentioned before that we would be moving in July and I would be needing to have my 6 month and 1 year follow up visits done by an eye doctor in the Jacksonville, NC area and this afternoon she called me to recommend someone! She continues to prove that she truly cares for her patient's continued care - outstanding! :-)

Nolan had his NVG (Night Vision Goggle) simulator today - his LAST - and now only has 5 NVG flights left! Sooooo close!

No comments: