Wednesday, August 25, 2010

22 week appt.

Today was our 22 week appointment, which Nolan was able to go with me to. It was a pretty quick visit: vitals, answer a few questions, ask any questions, listen to the heartbeat, measure my belly and sent us on our way...
Great news! My blood pressure was 120/81, after sitting for a few minutes after they called me back to do vitals. And my pulse this time was only around 80 (still super high compared to what it is at home), which was great because at my 18 week appointment my pulse was over 100!!!! Can you say white coat syndrome!? haha

Edited to add - How could I forget!? My weight gain!! haha I am up to 150 pounds, so from 6 weeks to 22 weeks I have gained roughly 8 pounds... I haven't been walking as much, although I plan to get back on track this week (Sandi and baby will appreciate that). My goal is 25 pounds total, since 25-35 pounds is recommended for a healthy baby, if you started at a healthy weight, however I feel like I started with about 10 extra pounds of body weight, so 25 seems fitting! Of course though if I end up a little bit above that, it is what it is! We shall see... :-)

As mentioned, they measured my belly for the first time and they tell me I am measuring 24 weeks, although they are thinking I'm 22 weeks pregnant. Seems to not be a big deal, since you can measure +/- 2 weeks and that is good... so measuring ahead maybe just means Baby Dean is growing well or has a bit of extra room to practice his flips! ;-) I/We have really been able to feel him moving often!

No comments: