Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Last week in pictures....

Day 1 (Dec 6)
Monday morning...

Ready for the amniocentesis in my lovely hospital gown...


All bandaged up after the amnio and my lovely saline lock they put in just in case they had to do an emergency c-section... thankfully they did not!

battle scar! haha
tiny hole where needle went in my belly - top left side to be exact


Day 2 (Dec 7)
Tuesday evening
(still on the medical surgical floor waiting for a bed down in L&D)


My mom arrived here in NC... she flew in from Texas

We had gotten the amnio results around 3pm... so Nolan ran to Chick-Fil-A to get my "last meal" before heading to L&D.... little did we know we would spend a second night in this room...
Soooo... we watched movies on my laptop...
The Chipmunks - The Sequel and A Christmas Carol (the animated one that Jim Carrey is in)



Day 3 (Dec 8)
Wednesday - roughly 1230pm...
(day 1 in L&D)

Birthing Suite 17's stocking


Ready to get this induction party started! :-)
The saline lock in my left wrist (that was put in Monday morning) was taken out and a new one pu
t in my right wrist! JUST when I was getting used to how the left one was feeling! AH! haha

Three hours into the many more hours of erratic contractions brought on by the cytotec medication...
You may notice Nolan is ALL bundled up; he did not just come from outside... LOL... they keep the birthing rooms freakishly cold for the moms! :-)


Day 4 (Dec 9)
Thursday - early morning...

(day 2 in L&D)


Two fingers meaning day 2 - not peace ;-)
Me on the left, Nolan on the right

Close up of Nolan... snug as a bug in a rug!


Day 5 (Dec 10)
9am...
Going home....
Leaving a swollen and exhausted mess, but with my best friend and most amazing support who never left my side!!
Thankfully Nolan requested a "chariot" (wheel chair - LOL - I love him!) to take me down to the car... because everything was SO swollen - most especially my right foot!


Not too sure why we are smiling here... I guess because that is what you do in pictures....
Like I said before, it was very disappointing to be leaving after 5 days in the hospital w/o a baby in arms, but I guess we were happy to have a new tentative plan... ie - printed/hand-written on paper...
Non-stress tests on Baby Dean on Tuesday and Thursday at 9am
Visit with OB doc at the Naval Hospital on Wednesday at 820am
Scheduled induction (round 2) for Saturday, December 18th at 730am (38 weeks and 6 days)

PS - The nursery is done (as of tonight)!!!! (minus finding a rug we like)
I will post pictures by Friday night! :-)

No comments: