Thursday, June 30, 2011

Whoop for June 30th!


June 30th means July is finally here!!!
Here is a quick recap of the END of June at the Dean household...

June 20
Liam got his 6th month shots!
The penile adhesion that I had asked about at his 4 month appointment was "taken care of"...
I think that was worse than the shots... poor guy! 
Thankfully less than 36 hours later he was good to go! :-)
Unfortunately, because of this, we missed the last 4 days of swim class.. :-/ Oh well!
Liam and "Nolan" :-)

23 June
Liam had his right shoulder taped, to stabilize the shoulder blade/encourage use...
I removed the tape at home 4 days later. It didn't seem to bother him at all.
24 June
We got TWO packages from Nolan and FOUR post cards, 2 for me, 2 for Liam....
WHOOP for mail!
When Nolan deployed, I had requested just one thing from the different places he may visit...
A written and mailed post card... Of course, since Nolan is so very thoughtful.. he not only fulfilled my request, but he went one step further and wrote and mailed some to Liam... He is awesome! :-) <3 him!
Lots of goodies from Palermo, Sicily

Letters from... Dad! ;-)
I locked Sandi outside for over an hour one afternoon...

I rushed in (to keep Liam and I from being attacked from mosquitoes - Liam has red bites all OVER as they were getting him as I would go from the car to the house and vis a vis..) and fed Liam and such and then heard her barking on the side of the house that doesn't have a fence...
She seemed to enjoy her time out ;-) haha


I co-hosted a baby shower with my friend, Inga, for our friend, Amy
Sunday, the 26th

Inga (left) and Amy (middle) had hosted my baby shower.


A huge fire, started by lightening, is still burning North/West of us...
For a few days the house smelled like an ashtray... then burnt popcorn...
A week and a half later, we are getting ash on our cars...


This was taken at an Officer Wives dinner at Logan's Roadhouse...
Liam passed out shortly after this picture was taken...
He is holding a boot, that was filled with M&Ms


Liam thought he would be silly and get ANOTHER diaper..
I guess the one I put on wasn't the one he wanted...

I killed this.
It came slithering our from under the recyclables container,
scared the crud out of me and when I composed myself I decided it was going to be...
Snake 0 Paige 1
Mission Accomplished. :-)
 
 
With regard to what Nolan is up to...
He has been able to call quite a bit lately, which has obviously been a great blessing! :-) 
He called right after I had killed said snake, so he was quite surprised by my response to that day's "What are you up to today?"  LOL 
He had been doing roughly 6 days of days (6a - 6p) then 6 days of nights (6p-6a) and thankfully now, he is back to just days, at least for a while! :-)  He has been flying and writing the schedule often... if he isn't flying, he is writing the flight schedule, more or less.

I found this somewhere.. I forget... none the less... FYI

The MV-22 Osprey’s mission for the U.S. Marine Corps is the transportation of troops, equipment and supplies from ships and land bases for combat assault and assault support.

He is nearing 500 flight hours (in the Osprey) which means he can begin to work on becoming an aircraft commander... meaning the pilot in charge of the aircraft when they fly. Currently he is the co-pilot.  It is officially call TAC - tilt rotor aircraft commander.      

Nolan is looking at getting a tablet of sorts... to upload his flight pubs to... It seems to be the direction most military pilots are going... He was looking at a Galaxy, but I think he mentioned a Toshiba one the other day... it is in "the works" you might say. :-)

The ship has been "on the move" so the last package I sent, with the July calendar squares, took 19 days for him to get... thankfully he got it before July 1st! :-)  
The mail is so very weird... I ordered a cheese, sausage and cracker basket from Hickory Farms on June 12, it shipped on the 14th and Nolan got it on the same day as he got the calendar squares package that I had shipped on the 6th...  Who knows?! Just glad he DOES get mail! :-) 



It is kind of hard to tell, but that is an Osprey taking off... and the line of smoke!
I can't move the picture up.. not sure why...


Liam has been hard at work at OT... and is getting better and better at rolling from his back to his stomach... over his left and right arm... He was practicing this on a medicine ball on Monday... On the floor, he still isn't too confident with rolling from front to back, but in time. :-) This past week he began REALLY pushing up on BOTH arms - yay for Liam!
And on Monday at OT (while on his stomach) he was bringing his left knee up toward his left elbow.. yay for the starting position/skills for crawling!! :-)  Exciting!
It is funny that he will do more... at OT than he will do at home... I am starting to wonder if it is because we only have wood floors and maybe the rug he is on isn't enough cushion...?  
I purchased some 5/8 inch thick mats to put down to see if that will encourage him!  They are colorful and since our new house will also only have wood floors (down stairs) I figure they will make a great "play room" area for Liam! They come tomorrow - I can't wait! 

See you in JULY! WHOOP!




No comments: