Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dr. Appointments...

Today was my 25 week 4 day appointment and I measured 30 weeks, and then 29 weeks (when the midwife remeasured) It looks like I am experiencing polyhydramnios, an excess of amniotic fluid.... I really felt like I had really popped out over the past week or so, but wasn't expecting to hear that I am measuring almost a full month ahead.

The midwife is thinking, at this point in time, since I had "more than average" amniotic fluid at 20 weeks, that the amniotic fluid has simply continued to increase over the past 5, almost 6 weeks, which could mean a variety of things, or maybe nothing. I go back in 2 weeks (Oct 1) to see if the fluid has continued to increase at an accelerated rate. From the resea
rch I have done, I don't seem to be exhibiting any other symptoms of this polyhydramnios, aside from having a bigger baby belly.

The midwife mentioned that if it continues, I will begin seeing an OB/GYN physician and they will likely twist my arm to induce at 39 weeks, but we are aways off from that... we shall see what the Oct. 1 appointment brings.. until then, I am to carry on as usual.

I guess all of this is why I seemed so much bigger than my two cousins who are expecting not too long after me....Here is a side view of us...
Natalie, Stacy and myself

The 3 of us with Grandma McGee
(Great Grandma McGee to the babies)

On a positive note, my blood pressure was great and my weight gain continues to be on track (even with this possible extra fluid). I am now up to 16 pounds of weight gain...

On another note, Nolan woke up on Wednesday morning with numbness on the right side of his face, as well as a headache behind his ear... After many CTs on Wednesday and a visit to a neurologist this morning (Thursday), it has been confirmed that he is experiencing fully developed Bell's Palsy... a temporary form of facial paralysis that occurs with damage to the nerve that controls movement of the muscles in the face... They believe it will begin to return to improve in about 2 weeks and over the next month or so he will be back to normal.

He is still out in California, for another week or so, so there is nothing we can really do for each other, which really stinks, but I trust that Naval Medicine and the good Lord will continue to do us well.

Please pray for both health situations.

No comments: