Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Crafts!

I am no where near being able to call myself "crafty," but I try to be every once and a while....

At the beginning of August, Nolan reminded me through a random conversation we had that I once crocheted baby blankets (okay, maybe I only did 2 ;-) ) and that maybe I would/could make one for our baby! So... I decided that instead of a single crochet I would do something a tiny bit different and do a double crochet... little did I know that it would take me what seemed to be twice as long!

I am really pleased, though, with how it turned out. It is simple, just like me, but I love it! :-)

I went back and forth on how big it should be and well, it came out to be 40 x 30...



And finally, my latest attempt at craftiness came when I found out that the December Officer Wives Coffee for the squadron was an ornament exchange! (which is tonight actually) I decided instead of buying one, I would try to make one!
Thanks to the magic of youtube.com and a slight knowledge of how to crochet I made these! :-) Again, I am really pleased with them; I sure hope whoever gets them appreciates/likes them as much as I do. I hope to make a few more... Nolan asked if we could have some for our tree, so I will work on that over the next few days, since they really don't take too long to make.
(to give you a sense of size, the candy cane is as long as a pen)

No comments: